MANILA M. SARKARIA – PRINCIPAL ADVISER – CSR
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Cross-border investment advice
- Corporate, commercial and transactional documentation.
- Manila is actively involved in various CSR projects to promote legal education and allied activities in India and abroad. Her motto is to make a meaningful contribution towards the society and has proactively contributed, in terms of ideas, efforts and money, towards causes of social, educational and cultural welfare. With her continuous efforts, Kaden Boriss could successfully partner with institutions like Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (Germany), SAARCLAW (South Asia), New Scotland Yard London Metro Police (UK), CARDOZO Law School (New York, USA), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), Organization for International Cooperation (OIC – USA), National Law University of Delhi (NLU) and National Conference of US Bar Presidents (USA) for various projects and events within and outside India.
- Manila’s corporate and commercial expertise includes legal and strategic advice on cross-border investment, international trade transactions, mergers & acquisitions, foreign exchange, e-commerce, cyber law and investing in India (particularly in relation to special economic zones, export-oriented units, software technology & infrastructure parks and sector-specific guidelines/policies)
- She has worked on a diverse range of banking, financial, corporate, commercial and transactional documentation (including trust deeds, agreements covering share purchases & pledges, nominee shareholders, service & supply, as well as Board resolutions, minutes of meetings, articles & memoranda of association, due diligence, mergers & acquisitions and real estate documentation)
- Manila has experience in drafting and reviewing representations/applications before key regulatory bodies (notably, the Foreign Investment Promotion Board and Reserve Bank of India) for establishing branch and liaison offices, joint ventures and wholly-owned subsidiaries of foreign investors/companies in India
- Professional and industry activities include serving as Treasurer of the International Infrastructure & Construction Law Arbitration Moot (IICLAM) and as Chief Coordinator for the South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARCLAW). Manila regularly participates in industry conferences and seminars
- She is currently undertaking MBA studies at IGNOU, Delhi.
- Bar Council Of Delhi
- Delhi High Court Bar Association
- Supreme Court Bar Association.