Kaden Boriss Global Alliance members law firms and legal enterprises independently, autonomously, conscientiously and ardently involve proactively in various causes benefiting the society and community. Its motto has always been to make a meaningful contribution towards the society and has overwhelmingly contributed, in terms of efforts, intellect and monetary resources, towards causes of social, educational and community welfare. It has always been dedicated, committed and sincere towards social, educational and socio-economic causes; to enumerate a few of its contributions, achievements and associations the following list has been arranged:
- It has always been proactive in organizing and conducting host of programs and projects concerning different facets of law. It has partnered in the past with institutions like Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (Germany), SAARCLAW (South Asia), New Scotland Yard London Metro Police (UK), CARDOZO Law School (New York, USA), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), Organization for International Cooperation (OIC - USA), National Law University of Delhi (NLU), National Conference of US Bar Presidents (USA), ACES Awards, Repeal of Laws - Centre for Civil Society, Scholarships for Students, Grants for Educational Institutions for various projects and events across the Globe. One such successful venture of Kaden Boriss has been a strategic alliance with the National University of Singapore and Singapore International Arbitration Centre, to organize a series of annual international moot competitions for law students from all over the world, thereby founding a moot called International Infrastructure and Construction Law Arbitration Moot (IICLAM). The founder members of IICLAM have entered into a 'MoU' with National Law School University, Delhi, to act as the 'India Organizer' of IICLAM.
- Association with Enterprise Asia (EA)- APEA India: Kaden Boriss was the Intellectual Partner to EA and committed itself towards giving proactive intellectual support in organizing the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards in India (APEA) and the Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Awards (AREA). These awards were organized to recognize and felicitate the spirit of entrepreneurship and social responsibility shown both by prominent and promising entrepreneurs. Kaden Boriss played a major role in constituting the Panel of Jury for the awards, comprising eminent personalities from the field of law and economics, viz. Hon'ble Justice R.C. Lahoti (former Chief Justice of India), Dr. Abhishek Manu Singhvi, Hon'ble MP and Senior Counsel and Prof. Bibek Debroy, a renowned international economist based in India.
- Association with Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES): Kaden Boriss is associated with various NGOs; one of which is FES. FES is a non-profit organization (NGO) supported by the Government of Germany. It aims at strengthening democratic structures, promoting training and policy-oriented research programmes in Germany and in cooperation with partner organizations in more than 100 countries across the globe. FES is active in organizing talks, conferences, roundtable meets for promoting their objectives. Sharing similar objectives (social welfare), Kaden Boriss and FES have come together on numerous occasions and successfully organized/hosted events for social causes. With active support and guidance of Kaden Boriss, SAARCLAW in association with FES had organized a Regional Roundtable on "International Crime: Its Diverse Impact on the Development of Asian Countries". The whole object behind such a roundtable was to provide a forum for that congregation of people to amass their individualistic opinion and to steer such thoughts towards the betterment of the worldwide society. This event provided a platform of discussion which were attended by luminaries like Mr. Michael O'Keefe and Mr. David Armond both attached to the Specialist Crime Directorate of the Metropolitan Police Service, of the New Scotland Yard, Professor Jose Jesus Disini, Director, Internet and Society Program, University of the Philippines, Mr. Abdul Haseeb Ansari, Professor, Faculty of Laws, International Islamic University, Malaysia, etc. SAARCLAW again in association with FES organized an International Seminar on "International Law and Jurisdiction in Era of Globalization" with an aim to tackling very many issues, which have loose ends and are yet to be given a proper frame. These issues are mainly, State Sovereignty, Human Rights, International Criminal Courts, International Law in general etc.
- Association with International Infrastructure and Construction Law Moot (IICLAM): Kaden Boriss has always enthusiastically espoused the cause of promoting legal education through various events and programs; this can be seen from its efforts made towards formation of IICLAM. IICLAM is a one of its kind competition; it is for the first time that a moot competition oriented exclusively towards laws related to the Construction and Infrastructure sectors has been organized by three prominent Asian organizations associated with law in one form or the other. Kaden Boriss Partners, National University of Singapore and Singapore International Arbitration Centre embarked on a unique intellectual alliance, in the year 2007, thereby founding IICLAM. The founders decided to organize a series of annual international moot competitions to be held in the Asian region and Hemant K Batra, Lead Partner of Kaden Boriss, was unanimously made the Chairperson of IICLAM Organizing Council. The first competition was organized in October 2007 at Delhi, India which was attended by law students all over the Asia and the event was judged by legal luminaries from both the bench and the bar, and leading technocrats. Since then, the IICLAM is being held every year.
- Association with Organization for International Cooperation - World Peace: Organization for International Cooperation (OIC), based in Marlton, New Jersey, USA, is a citizen based, non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to solving greatest international challenges. OIC develops and shares breakthrough international cooperation solutions for 21st century global challenges. It is an affiliate of the Alliance for Peace Building. The Alliance is a coalition of over 40 non-profit organizations dedicated to resolving conflict and developing synergy among the peacemaking community. The Alliance brainstorms new ideas for solving and preventing specific conflicts and responds with special peacemaking missions to hot spots around the world. Kaden Boriss is proud to be associated with the OIC.
- Association with SAARCLAW (South Asian Association For Regional Co-operation In Law): SAARCLAW is an Association of the Legal communities of the SAARC countries namely Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan & Sri Lanka (Japan and China being observer members) comprising of Chief Justices, Judges, Lawyers, Academicians, Law-teachers, Government Servants and a host of other law related persons. SAARCLAW assists the SAARC countries in inducting newer laws in the face of an ever-changing society as well as helping the member nations to amend their obsolete laws. Kaden Boriss has been religiously and proactively associated with SAARCLAW and has actively supported the organization in organizing events and conferences in the SAARC Region. Kaden Boriss' office in Gurgaon is the Secretariat Office of SAARCLAW. SAARCLAW has always worked towards promoting women in India; on March 27, 2007, a Roundtable Conference was organized by FES and Women in Law (WiL)-India Chapter in association with SAARCLAW on "Women in Law in India: A Catalyst for social, legal and economic change" at the Claridges Hotel, New Delhi, India. It saw the coming together of great academicians, activists and practioners from the field of law. It also offered a platform to proactive minds from all over the world to have a brainstorming session and to chart out a course of action for a better world for women by overcoming issues of gender discrimination.
- Marcus Evans, one of the world's leading providers and promoters of strategic legal conferences and training, along with SAARCLAW, as their endorsement partner, organized a Conference in Philippines on the 18th & 19th of February, 2008; In year 2007, Marcus Evans had organized a conference for Legal Counsels at Mumbai, India with an aim at moving the legal counsel up the corporate agenda and leveraging the in-house counsel's talent to success wherein SAARCLAW was their endorsement partner.
- Kaden Boriss also assisted in publication of report comprising of different SAARC Nations and the status of their commerce and industry; this report was made in an endeavor to re-draft the Trade Organizations Ordinance, 1961 under which the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI) is licensed. Initiative was taken by visiting the countries of India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and to get the essence of the countries' respective Trade organizations. The report for each country, with slight variations is broadly divided into, the guarantee of Freedom of Association as provided by the law of the land, the existing legal regime, the particular authority in the country dealing with the Chambers of Commerce and Industry and suggested reforms. An investigator representing SAARCLAW was sent to the aforementioned four countries and each came back with data facts and figures and the necessary inputs required compiling the report. Each report which is in the process of being compiled shall then be comprehensively released / published as a compiled report of all four countries. With the efforts and vision of Kaden Boriss, an educational programme between SAARCLAW and the World Bank took off. The World Bank had approved sponsoring the Capacity Building Program whereby the World Bank would provide technical and professional training for a person nominated by SAARCLAW. The said programme envisaged attending a course in Bangkok from 12th May, 2005, attending a distance learning course, attending workshops by video conferencing and attending seminars and global conferences. This is spread over a 6 month period (all sponsored by World Bank) after which Dr. Ranbir Singh, Vice Chancellor - NALSAR, was to be fully trained to introduce the subject and conduct courses at NALSAR.
- Kaden Boriss was actively involved in one of the most talked about and appreciated achievements of SAARCLAW, the establishment of a centre of Advanced Legal Studies at the NALSAR Law University in Hyderabad, where each year the students from SAARC countries is to be given scholarships to pursue higher studies, Post-Graduate diplomas and master's degrees in law. The objectives of the centre include to undertake research projects on issues concerning SAARC region that have an interface with Law and to conduct sensitization and training programmes for Law Teachers / Law Officials / Judges of SAARCL Region.
- Association with TRACE International, Inc. (TRACE): Earlier, Kaden Boriss closely and actively associated with TRACE. TRACE is a non-profit membership association that pools resources to provide practical and cost-effective anti-bribery compliance solutions for multinational companies and their commercial intermediaries (sales agents and representatives, consultants, distributors, suppliers, etc.). TRACE provides several core services and products, including: due diligence reports on commercial intermediaries; model compliance policies; an online Resource Center with foreign local law summaries, including guidelines on gifts and hospitality; in-person and online anti-bribery training; and research on corporate best practices. For multinational companies, TRACE provides a practical and cost-effective alternative to increasingly expensive and time-consuming corporate compliance. For commercial intermediaries, TRACE offers a marketing advantage by creating a bridge between them and companies doing business internationally. Kaden Boriss has, on several occasions, provided intellectual support viz. research materials, case-law studies etc. to TRACE in support of its various programs.
- Kaden Boriss Alliance members have also extended scholarships, grants and financial support to deserving students in the areas of law, business, public policy and economic studies all across the globe including helping educational institutions on pro-bono basis. A foreign or higher education can help deserving candidates achieve their dreams. Alongside a world-class qualification, studying abroad gives a student the opportunity to experience a new culture, network with students and professionals from all over the world, and gain skills to help further career development. There are various financial support options available to help fund studies in the US, UK, Australia, Singapore, India & UAE. This includes scholarships, grants, fellowships, financial awards and loans. Receiving financial support could help you achieve your dreams - be it progressing your career, starting your own business or bringing change and opportunity to your community. Kaden Boriss has helped in providing the opportunity that has transformed so many lives.
- Kaden Boriss has funded by donations so many publications and journals launched by various startups of young entrepreneurs.
- Earlier, an Australian, Shikha Lal was appointed Director of Philanthropy for Kaden Boriss and the firm in Australia donates 2% of fees from the business to various charities in Australia and abroad.
Philanthropy / CSR Head
Level 1, Building No 6, Bay Square,